Concave hand probes were conceived to treat smaller or rounded areas, since the concave shape allows better coupling on rounded surfaces. In any case you should always try to have the best possible adhesion between the hand probe and the area to treat, since air does not allow ultrasound propagation: this is the reason why you need to make sure there is always plenty of gel between the hand probe and dog hair.
Concave White hand probe generates very strong acoustic mechanical effects:
- stable cavitation
- acoustical streaming
- strong mechanical vibration (micro-massage)
Each K-9 Ultrasound hand probe comes with a total treatment time of 500 hours (or 30,000 minutes). After the expiration of the 500 hours, hand probes can be refurbished for another 500 hours (if still in good condition). Otherwise a new hand probe must be purchased.
Concave White hand probe is particularly indicated to treat:
- traumas of the musculoskeletal system
- inflammations of the musculoskeletal system
- tendon injuries / tendinitis
- tendinous calcifications
- ligament injuries
- inflammation of the suspensory ligament / desmitis
- splints (interosseous desmitis)
- osteoarthritis / DJD (ringbone and bone spavin)
- drainage of edema
- drainage of swelling at early stage (within the first 48/72 hours)
K-9 Ultrasound hand probes are guaranteed only for the treatment hours assigned by the manufacturer to each hand probe (500 hours). After 24 months from the hand probe purchase date, the hand probe warranty will expire anyway, regardless of the amount of treatment hours still available. Please check our Warranty Terms.
CAUTION: Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.